Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Mental Note






Currie Dearest. You never wrote back to me. And then I got your letter yesterday. 

Thankfully the sunshine and humidity this summer has raised my spirits some what.  Odd that the makers of sunscreen don't really describe in full, honest detail how to use and apply and re-apply sunscreen. For heaven's sake, who knew this? I sure didn't. Did you? Did you realize that SPF 15 needs to be slathered on again and again and again every fifteen minutes! What a racket.  Anyway, here's my dilemma. The apples are not on the tree. Seriously Currie. There aren't any. And none on the ground either. I looked. That crabby farmer down the tenth line was spewing at the cafe, stating that the early Spring and the walloping cold snap killed the buds and confused the bees. Well, I never. What shall I do with our acres and acres of macintosh trees? 

Write back soon. I did a rain dance last night and slid down the banister five times. I think it may have worked. The screen door just banged. Must go.


Love The Plant Keeper


P.S. I am growing garlic to go with your spices.

Patti Friday, Photojourno, reporting from inside 'The Art Dept.' at the international 'Embassy of Ideas'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have my sympathy. My 12 apple trees in Charlottesville Virginia are not bearing either. Not only are ther no apples about 4of the trees dont look healthy.

Bees gather pollen and nectar, they don't think. It the goods are there thr bees gather it.

I'm sorry for you, looks from the pictures like you have more than a hobby orchard.

linenqueen

Patti Friday said...

Thank you for your kind words and insight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...